Diabetes is a condition that affects millions of people globally. Many of these patients require to monitor their blood glucose several times per day and self-administer insulin daily. Despite the technological advancements over the last decades, diabetes management still consumes a big part of their life.
This situation led us to create Metronom health.
Our vision... a world where the effort required to manage the condition does not consume the lives of people living with diabetes, and the ones close to them: to make diabetes a smaller part of life.
That is our daily, unwavering focus at Metronom Health.
And this vision translates directly into our team. Into the passion that animates us all at Metronom Health. Because we know that this innovative solution will help change the lives of many people. Persons we care about.
To reach this utmost result, we do not focus on patients and their relatives only: our staff is key, too. Our people have a start-up mind-set. They are product focused and thinking big picture.
Aiming at their fulfillment, we offer:
-flexibility: for a nice work/life balance
-development opportunities: as a small company, the scope of responsibility of each of our team member is wide and changing
-a dynamic and stimulating environment: a thriving, fast-paced and entrepreneurial ambiance where creativity is encouraged
-a multicultural structure: as the team is split between US and Europe, the horizon is wide – each day is a new opportunity to learn a new notion.
-a strong team spirit: we need each other to reach our common goal and we know it.
Everyday, we work through our 3R principles:
Help us make life better. Help us develop the new generation of Continuous Glucose Monitoring: A product that focuses on people first, enabling them to do more, think less and feel that THEY are in control over their diabetes. With less thinking, less worrying, more doing..
The International Diabetes Federation estimates at 415 million the number of people living with Diabetes - one in eleven! - and predicts that this number will grow and reach 642 million in 2040.
Glycemic control is an essential part of diabetes management, aiming to avoid short and long-term complications associated with the condition. Glycemic control must therefore be measured in a rigorous and reliable way on a daily basis, in order to support the multiple decision-making specific to the management of the condition and maintain blood sugar levels in the desired levels.
With the availability of continuous glucose monitoring systems, aiming to provide users continuous visibility on their blood sugar level to optimize their treatment and improve their quality of life, diabetes management is entering a new era. And despite recent advancements, current available products still have some important shortfalls in helping people living their life with diabetes, not the other way around. And this is at the core of Metronom Health’s mission and vision, consisting of developing and designing a new continuous glucose monitoring system, aiming at making diabetes a smaller part of life.
Our disruptive technology aims at providing people living with diabetes and those caring for them with an accurate, reliable, user friendly and affordable continuous glucose monitoring system. Our CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) system aims at significantly reduce both the short and long term health complications associated with uncontrolled or poorly managed blood glucose levels, whilst improving the day to day quality of life of people living with diabetes.
A first in Human proof on concept study has been completed successfully, and we are now fully engaged in the development of the commercial product, targeting a market release in Europe by 2020.
It's time to reinforce our team. We are currently looking for a talented
Supply chain director (F/M)
On our outsourced model, you will be responsible for managing overall business relationship with our suppliers (including commodity and negotiation strategies -Terms and Conditions-, Supplier selection /de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, Strategic Inventory planning (emergency planning, safety stock levels, etc.). Your first work will be to set the final assembly strategy and select the appropriate suppliers in for our company working on an outsourced manufacturing model.
You will work in a dynamic and creative environment and must quickly become a valued part of a team, identifying logistic and supply chain issues that could affect our product launch and manufacturing strategy. The position requires a strong focus on continuous optimization of product quality and COG structure, with the ultimate objective of creating and maintaining a world class levels of customer satisfaction.
Your main tasks will be:
- Develop and document a strong supplier selection process, including Quality System review, technical evaluation and cost/price analysis
- Manage all activities that develop relationships with suppliers
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders and vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs as well as all related pricing
- Direct and manage the implementation, maintenance, support and continuous improvement of Supply Chain Management operational programs that will enhance profitability and service to customers
- Evaluate the internal performance for all aspects of supply chain and related budgetary impact (including KPI for all levels of procurement activities - supplier performance, supplier quality, PO management, buyer activity levels, financial performance, and material shortage elimination) and challenge the organization to strive for higher performance levels
- Manages materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives
- Manage logistics and material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time deliveries while keeping the company's inventory investment at appropriate levels
- Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization
- Ensures processes comply with Government, Corporate and Company requirements
- Monitor sourcing strategy implementation, contract compliance and provide status reports (KPI - performance metrics) to management.
- Owns the strategic processes utilized across the supply chain starting from proposal pricing through material shipment
- Provide Director Finance with forecast prices
- Work with VP operations to create forecasts which are provided to our suppliers on a monthly basis to secure capacity and acceptable cycle time
- Facilitate coordination between Engineering and Quality teams to work on production issues, hold lot dispositions, quality issues and new product introductions when needed (including status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance
- 7-10 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in start-up organizations
- +10 years of experience interfacing and managing overseas suppliers
- Good understanding of packaging components and associated commodities
- Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- ISO 9001/13485 Quality System (Medical Device) experience
Education, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering).
- Must have excellent English – written and spoken, French is a plus.
- Excellent MS Office tool skills for MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of industry standard MRP / ERP systems and their integration /set up.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- High level Purchasing and Supplier contract negotiation experience and skills
- Be open minded with the ability to recognize good ideas.
- Strong capability to network and influence at all organization levels
- Ability to manage budgets
- Demonstrates high ethical standards, as well as fairness and consistency in supplier management
- Ability to manage deadlines and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to travel 35% - 40>#/span###
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
- Ability to manage a supply chain team.
If you are passionate and looking for a thrifting challenge, contact us and let’s discuss !Apply here